What You Should Know About Google Penguin 4.0
On September 23 just this year, the Google Core Algorithm has welcomed its new member which is the Google Penguin 4.0.
There has been several individuals who worked hard and waited for this Google Penguin update. In this article, we will learn some of the features available in Penguin 4.0.
1. This was released to all countries and available in different languages as well. While the rules remain similar for everyone, the websites have impact independence regardless of their location.
2. Penguin 4.0 is real-time. This means that whenever the Google changes information in the page or the linked pages, then its rankings will be changed also. This would mean that the rewards or consequences of your actions can be noticed in no time.
3. With this real-time feature, you’ll be able to recover fast from penalty. Once your website is penalized, you need to instruct your webmaster to do everything he can to remove all the harmful links and improve it. As the Google recrawls the pages, it will give the positive results immediately.
4. Penguin 4.0 is a part in the core algorithm of Google. This is what the Google has announced last September. Continuously monitoring the backlink profile is what you should do.
5. Penguin 4.0 is more granular. Simply, the algorithm now focuses on the particular pages toxic links and not on the entire site. Tracking the micro-penalties becomes more hard. That is why, it is essential to audit your site’s important pages and subdomains more often.
Although Penguin has so many benefits to offer, you need also to know how to use it properly for your utmost advantage.
One of the downsides of Penguin is that no notice is given if the site is penalized. Sharp drop, declined positions and other indirect signs are your indications of being penalized.
What is good here is that your actions will yield the results more quick than before. You can use this for your own benefit. As the penalization process is done fast, so with the recovery process. Following are some ideas and tips to help you protect your site.
Always check your position. You can set an email alert in order to be informed once the position changes. Next, you have to ensure that the backlink profile is clean and healthy. So, you have to check for the new backlinks and the lost ones too. The entire site can be protected when you do a backlink audit. This is a very important step since the Penguin is more granular. Finally, you have to set up properties in the search console of Google for every subdomain while updating the disavowed file.